(i) Internal blog: it is a web blog that enable employee access through the firm’s intranet to get information such as lieu of meetings. Due to this reason, this had increase employee participation to have discussion (e.g. email discussion) on any issues and direct communication with all layers of an organization.
(ii) External blog: it is a web blog that is publicly available among employees, suppliers and customers to share their views. Normally, company used this to publish information about new products and services, objectives and policies and others.
Advantages of corporate blogging:
- It can connect with all the users who are customers, shareholders, investors, suppliers, customers all over the world. They can share the latest news, opinions or anything else easily though blogs.
- Its cost less expensive compared to traditional method to make announcements such as printed memo for all employees.
- It serves as an effective marketing tool by advertise products with animated pictures and do more detailed explanation on each product.
- Blog can be used as recruitment tool that can save expenses from hiring consultants. Firm can advertise vacancies and inform the current employees about there is job opening and encourage them to apply if believe they posses required qualifications.
- Receive feedback from internal and external users by collecting different views and thinking about the products and services. For employer, blog is able to capture employees’ feeling about company’s policies and working culture.
As a conclusion, blogging had make a lot of changes especially in the business world and it had beneficial to corporation who apply it. It has become the most effective communication tool for companies to catch up with employees and the society.